Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 04.01.2009, 18:40      #4
Ваня
Модератор
Пользователь Mozilla Firefox

Награды 2008 года в Call of duty 4

Цитата:
2008 has been a huge year for Call of Duty 4. In a 2 part article, we will be summing up the year in two completely different ways. In this first article, we bring you the CoD4 awards of 2008.
One thing Call of Duty players love is fame, and now is our chance to give them that. This is the first of 2 articles on the CoD 4 scene as a whole over the past 12 months, where we will be giving out a series of awards to people in the community. I present you, The Cadred 2008 CoD4 Awards!
Over the past week, the best players in the CoD scene have been voting on a number of different categories. With lots of votes in, we have counted and checked the results. With some serious and some not so serious categories, the results are quite interesting, but the people chosen are definitely known in the CoD scene. We start with the most highly prestigious category, that of "The Best CoD4 Player".

Best CoD4 Player 2008

The results for the Best CoD4 Player 2008 were very close at the top of the board, with the top 4 places all being very near each other, but one person was slightly ahead of the rest. This is how the top 3 results ended up:
Congratulations to Rob Wiz for taking this award. The Crusher from Canada, who shone over the summer. I managed to catch up with him after letting him know the good news.
Thank you! It's been a great year of gaming for me and my team, I must say that even being considered for any kind of award is always an honor. I just wanna give a big shoutout to all of EG's fans who supported us this year, you guys own. Also I have to give a shoutout to the EG organization and their sponsors for coming through for us, the eurotrip this summer was amazing. I can only hope that 09 has even more to look forward to, I would love to go back to europe and compete. Thanks again for the award!
The other two people finished very close to the top spot but were just short on taking the award itself. As for the other places, this is how the top 5 looked:

Код:
Position Name
1st 	Rob Wiz
2nd 	SoCLoN
3rd 	Stevy
4th 	tidde
5th 	nreo
Most Underrated Player of 2008

The next category is that of the Most Underrated Player in CoD4 2008. This award goes out to the person who has been one of the players constantly playing at the top of the level, but not being recognised as much as some of the other players in the scene. For this award there were a huge amount of nominations, but only a few people actually got a consistant amount of votes. Here are the top 3:
Congratulations goes out to Duffer, one of the DnD's who have dominated recently in CoD4. Playing for ATS now with rumours of being on a sallary, Duffer has certainly becoming more recognised. I managed to speak to Duffer about this award, and in true Duffer style, the arrogance came through from word one.
Thanks very much for this award but clearly i should win BEST COD4 player of the year aswell and i dedicate this 2 my teammates! JUSZN,D1ablo (d N d) Nreo,killzx and rzE. Couldn't have won it without them!
Lighters was extrememly close behind him, and Discondance wasn't far off either. Congratulations go out to the two of them. But this is how the top 5 looked overall.

Код:
Position Name
1st 	Duffer
2nd 	Lighters
3rd 	Discondance
4th 	pietje
4th 	nreo
Most Overrated Player of 2008

Most Overrated Player, the category for that person who is constantly getting a lot of attention, but is in fact not worthy of that high placing. There were again a lot of contendors for this position, but one person shone through at the top, and steamed miles ahead of everyone else. The next few positions were close, but some big names have definitely appeared in the runner up positions. This is how the top 3 looks:
Mintr has taken this award, in quite convincing fashion. He was part of the Fnatic squad that unachieved over the summer LANs, but has now decided to quit gaming completely. This made it quite hard to give him this award, as we were not able to hunt him down. However, I did get hold of Mark, the person who is sitting in 2nd place and see what he had to say about coming second for this award.
I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and mint as we have always argued over who deserved this one more so i let him take it! Never even thought i was rated let alone over rated hahaha, GZ mint you deserve it mate, l best deagle 2k8m8
Vanner was also quite close, along with a lot of other people. This is how it looked in the end.

Код:
Position Name
1st 	Mintr
2nd 	Mark
3rd 	Vanner
4th 	Knaller
4th 	JUSZN
Best Sniper of 2008

The Sniper, one of the biggest jobs in the whole of the team, the person that can make the biggest impact on the game. If this persn is on fire, then you can be assured your team will stand a better chance of winning. But who does this job the best? The votes for this category had 2 names in nearly every vote, two that stayed at the top of the leaderboard all the way through. The 3rd place spot was also very closely contested. Here is how it looks:
The top 2 are quite obvious and were very close, with Stevy only just topping SoCLoN for the top spot. Both of them are exceptional snipers, and it is suprising that Dignitas's second sniper, BlackMane, is also in the top 3 snipers as voted for by the community. I managed to catch up with Stevy to talk to let him know the good news and find out his reaction.
I'd like to say thanks to all the fans and everybody that believed in me. I worked really hard to become the best sniper in Call of Duty 4. It was really hard since i had no experience of scoping whatsoever. This is another highlight in my "cod4 carreer" after joining the first team that gets a salary. I hope i can keep my level and i can keep playing with this motivation, Thanks again for the award and happy holidays to everybody !
Spots 3rd and 4th were very close and 5th wasn't too far behind. However all 3 of them were miles behind the top 2. Here is how the top 5 looked anyway.

Код:
Position Name
1st 	Stevy
2nd 	SoCLoN
3rd 	BlackMane
4th 	rZE
5th 	qwerty
Best Rusher of 2008

CoD 4 is a lot more about rushing than either CoD or CoD2 were, and so this award was closely fought over. The person who has won is definitely renowned for his rushing, especially while he was in TLR. The other two are both also very good rushers, as are the rest of the top 5, but the winner, as voted by the community is:
I went to find D1ablo to give him the good news about his award, and see what he had to say:
Id like to thank my parents, my dog louis and anyone else that aided in pissing me off causing me to rage kids with the 74u. I would also like to thank my co worker's lookzor and Stat who without them we would never of been able to pull off the 5 man A link rush against Fnatic at AEF, 6-1 down, final score 13-6. Good job lads
The rest of the spots were also incredibly close, but this is how the top 5 ended up.

Код:
Position Name
1st 	D1ablo
2nd 	Lookzor
3rd 	Deny
4th 	raz
5th 	Linqan
Best Bomb Planter of 2008

This award was put in more for fun than anything, but it has shown some obvious trends in it. Frankly, this was a 1 horse race for 1st place, and then another 1 horse race for 2nd place. The 3rd place spot was miles down the list points wise, but this is how it ends up:
As you can see, Stat is by far the clear winner, and is renowned for his bomb planting abilities. Some people even thought he had USE bounded to Mouse 1 to make sure his bomb planting abilities were at their best. Unfortunately, he has disappeared off the radar, and I have not been able to get in touch with him to get his reaction to this award, or even to collect it. Don't worry though, as D1ablo lives within running distance of Stat (according to his statement for the EPS fiasco), he will take the award round to his house later this week.
This table doesn't show the true reflection of how much Stat dominated this one award. Places 3rd to 5th were all within 2 points of each other, and miles away from 2nd place.

Код:
Position Name
1st 	Stat
2nd 	JUSZN
3rd 	Mazarini
4th 	twist
4th 	Raz
Biggest Contribution to CoD4 of 2008

When people were voting for this award, they got slightly baffled as to what they should be voting for, but then shortly realised just what we were after. There have been a lot of people who have not necessarily played CoD4 but have worked tirelessly on the game, to make sure that it was the best it could be. Either through their work making Promod's for the game, something that was really needed; or organising LANs with huge prize funds; or even those who have provided endless coverage, be it video, or written, of the game we all love and play. But only one person won it, and here is that one person:
Raf1 has worked for hours on the current Call of Duty, to make sure it was playable to the competitive standard we all wanted. He has now gone into retirement but we were able to still catch up with him to get his views on winning this award:
Haha thanks for the award, its nice to hear! Hopefully the game can keep going until the next big game comes out (my eyes are currently on RTCW2) Props to both Juszn's team and MavLP for doing this - and they are both always welcome to my help!
And finally here is the table of the top 5 people who received votes:

Код:
Position Name
1st 	Raf1
2nd 	Morg
3rd 	TosspoT
4th 	Kleinman
4th 	sarabande
This is the end of the awards and the end of the CoD4 year. It has been a very eventful year, and we all hope that it will continue long into 2009. As for now I will congratulate all those who received an award, and unlucky to those who just missed out on them. We will shortly be bringing you another CoD4 article, a list of all the money earnt in CoD4 in 2008, a very interesting read.
A Happy New Year to you all!
http://www.cadred.org/

Последний раз редактировалось Ваня; 04.01.2009 в 19:13.
Ваня вне форума Пол: Мужчина   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Благодарности: 5
bart1k (04.02.2009), Оmen (06.01.2009), kenzo (04.01.2009), N0rd (04.01.2009), Zion (04.01.2009)