Старый 17.11.2007, 17:18      #6
N0rd
Модератор
[Epic]
[Legion]
Пользователь Mozilla Firefox

news_banner_cod4.jpg
CoD4 Activision LAN
Многие сильнейшие команды Европы примут участие в лан-турнире, спонсируемом Activision.
Цитата:
CoD4 Activision LAN: Are the top teams ready to give it a go?
by: Lucas
After the i32 event which took place last weekend, Dignitas and all the other UK teams got the chance to prove themselves competitively on Call of Duty 4 after the game was released just a day before. Now, this weekend, teams from all over Europe are set to go head to head in the French CoD-Gamer LAN, sponsored by Activision!

Teams competing:

With the winner receiving €3000, the two top Call of Duty 2 teams of the last few months, Tek-9 and H2k-gaming are set to take place in this event in the beautiful city of Paris, France.
Unfortunately, SPEED-LINK, who recently have been brought back to five members after Nightwalker decided to focus on his personal life, have cancelled their trip for the upcoming weekend, and have been replaced by i32 runner up The Last Resort.

I took some time to interview one of the guys fighting for The Last Resort, and found Drammz!

After Team SPEED-LINK dropped out you decided to take their place. Were you invited or could you just step in?

Dramzz from The Last Resort wrote:
Well Jason was looking into the LAN details when he heard Speedlink dropped out, after that we were told that we could have the spot if we could arrange everything on short notice.

You’re looking to be a promising team after giving Team Dignitas some real competition last weekend at i32. Do you think you can be that kind of competition to the likes of Tek-9 and H2k aswell?

We expect to do well, although we haven't played both h2k and tek9 yet we are aiming for a competitive match versus them.

In opposition to i32, the CoD-Gamer LAN has decided to disable automatic snipers. Do you think this will affect the gameplay? Most perks are turned off though, what do you think of that?

I think it's great that guns and perks have been limited, we kind of got used to this while playing on i32 and it really made the matches more competitive and tense. In my opinion these perks and upgrades take away the realism in this game, I would use them in public just for the fun of it but wouldn't recommend usage in competitive gaming tournies.

It seems logical that one of the three above-mentioned teams will take the gold, and the other two will probably take the silver and bronze. But, new game, new chances. With the pride of France competing next to the European superstars all is not sure just yet. A team like Oxmoze could really make a difference in this tournament with players like Vazy.

Rules:

so what about the rules? Well, with ClanBase releasing their own ruleset which differed a little from the i32 LAN, Cod-Gamer.net have chosen a path between these two. With just two perks enabled, it looks like they want to make Call of Duty 4 a pure skill game. Also, a bit different from the i32 LAN, all automatic sniper rifles have been disabled, and the only sniper left will be the R700.
Besides this everything is the same, only the stun grenades have been turned off. This means smoke and flashbangs are enabled.

Groups:

Activision LAN Groups
Group A
Group B
H2k-gaming
Tek-9 Networks
The Last Resort
Oxmoze
dRu
SUP3RNOV4
FFA
Stigma!
Don't Touch
Band of Nuts
2mS.Gaming
nakE

Last words:

With another exciting Call of Duty 4 weekend coming up, I can only wish the teams good luck at this event, as I can not be there with them. I also want to thank Drammz for taking some time for the interview!
(c)clanbase.com
Steam | GOG | Origin: n0rd_ptz | Blizzard: N0rd#1692
N0rd вне форума Пол: Мужчина   Ответить с цитированием Вверх
Благодарности: 2
GordaN (23.11.2007), reality (17.11.2007)